morning pages and exercises from 3 am epiphany--sometimes more, sometimes less

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Self-pampering

It is Saturday afternoon and I have just finished taking a relaxing soak in my new tub. What a feeling of wealth and decadence to have spent forty-five minutes breathing in the good energy of the moment. I am a firm believer in pampering myself when I have worked hard most of the day.

I did have company in my bath. Yin and Yang joined me, taking turns seeing how the water might feel to their paws. Yin was braver than Yang and walked the tightrope around the tub. She is the risk taker of the two.

I am feeling much more satisfied and settled now that I finished the downstairs cleanup following the bathroom remodeling. Things are either put or thrown away, and I can see order again. It seems to me that when my home is in disorder, my thoughts and my life are in disarray also. I certainly feel much calmer not having to fight my way around boxes and other paraphernalia.

I hadn’t realized that such a disorganized mess drained my energy as much as it did. For the first time in two weeks, I allowed myself to sleep in until I was ready to wake up. I slept until 10:45, terribly late for me.

When I finish here, I will eat a very late lunch and then prepare to attend a dolphin meditation in a group with whom I often do weekend classes. I am looking forward to this treat as I have not done one before.

How good can life get? Not much better than this for me.

No comments: